Wealth Kept was created by Yasir Khan in 2015 to address one extremely prevalent problem among the masses: The absolute lack of financial education.
It might surprise you to know that less than 1% of the entire population of the world is financially educated. The mass majority of human beings are clueless about what it takes to make money, keep it and ensure it would grow quickly & in a sustainable manner.
Here are some thought-provoking statistics to bring things into perspective:
- 76% of people in the US are living paycheck to paycheck, having minimal net worth.
- A beter statistic, but still reason to be cautious suggests that 24% of Canadians are living paycheck to paycheck.
- At least 33% of people over 55 cannot afford to retire at the age of 65 simply because they do not have enough in savings to make it happen.
- Over 90% of people cannot tell an asset from a liability.
- Average household credit card debt is around $7303 and is continuously growing every single month, forcing households to pay up to 22% in interest.
- Finally, the net worth of many people in developed countries is not increasing by much every year.
All these statistics tell us that the masses are either clueless about how to increase their wealth and live affluently, or simply do not care to do so.
Even highly-paid professionals earning over $120,000 per year aren’t faring any better: A good percentage of them would have to declare bankruptcy if they lost their job & had to sustain themselves for over 6 months.
A wise man once said: “It’s not how much you earn, what matters is how much you keep & how much money your investments make for you while you sleep”.
I tend to agree with this saying.
At Wealth Kept, our aim is very simple. If you become an avid reader of this blog, you will be able to:
- Understand how the financial system & wealth really works
- Quit your job & retire in 5-10 years
- Get out of the rat race
- Make your investments earn for you so you personally don’t have to
The information in this blog is something only 1 in a 100 people understand properly. Unfortunately these 1% absolutely dominate the other 99% in terms of net worth, income and other statistical measures.
In closing, I want to tell you that financial IQ and learning how to make the financial system work for you can help you becoming extremely wealthy legally, if you know how to do it. Looking forward to increasing your financial IQ!